MoonDocs® 2019 – The 3rd Annual Documentary Filmmakers’ Open House
Robert Morris University, 6001 University Boulevard, Moon Township, PA 15108
Friday, November 1, 2019 12:00 pm – 6:00
Saturday, November 2, 2019 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
2019 Keynote Filmmaker: Fall 2019 Visiting Documentary Filmmaker at RMU – Eva Weber, award-winning London-based German filmmaker
Registration: $40 in advance, $50 on site
Students with valid ID (checked on site): $10 in advance, $15 on site
MoonDocs® 2019 Program
Friday, November 1, 2019 12:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Production Sound Workshop: Capturing Quality Production Sound on Shoots
- Inside Indie Filmmaking
- Exploring Financial Options for Film Projects
- Lighting and Camera Workshop: Setting Up a Documentary Interview
- The Three Rivers Film Festival: Exhibiting Cultural Diversity and Cinematic Innovation in Southwestern PA – Exhibitions Director at PCA&M Joe Morrison and 3RFF Guest Curator Benjamin Ogrodnik
Saturday, November 2, 2019 9:30 am-4:00 pm
- A Masterclass with RMU Fall 2019 Visiting Documentary Filmmaker Eva Weber:
“Building Your Career as a Filmmaker and How to Use Festivals to Make Your Name”
- 4×4 Film Challenge: Show 4 minutes of your project and pitch the next production steps for 4 minutes. Submit projects to Documentary Film Strategist Nadine Patterson at [email protected]
- Current and Future Trends: From Streaming to Virtual Reality (VR)
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Workshop
- Plans for MoonDocs 2020
Robert Morris University (http://rmu.edu/ ), Wheatley Center
6001 University Boulevard, Moon Township, PA 15108
Driving directions: http://publicsafety.rmu.edu/university-map-and-directions
MoonDocs® is an open networking and learning event for experienced and aspiring filmmakers, artists, educators, students, cultural workers, and others interested in filmmaking, production, socially conscious arts, diversity, and learning about how to get one’s work to audiences. MoonDocs® is organized by the Center for Documentary Production & Study and Media Arts Department at Robert Morris University.
RMU Media Art Department is a community partner of Pittsburgh Shorts Film Festival.
Twenty-six years strong, the annual JFilm Festival presents international Jewish-themed films that deepen audiences’ understanding of Jewish culture, tolerance, and our common humanity.
This year’s lineup features 21 narrative and documentary films—plus an Opening Night party, Q&As with visiting filmmakers, a Bagel Brunch, and two Film Schmoozes with the University of Pittsburgh’s Jewish Studies Department. Join us for eleven days of unique cinematic experiences that help audiences discover the stories, history, and experiences that connect us all.
11 countries represented
3 visiting filmmakers
INFO AND TICKETS
Whether you are already working on set, you’re an actor or new to the business, you NEED this informational panel discussion with industry experts.
Learn set etiquette from the professionals that work every day in the business who want YOU to be more professional.
Some of what we will cover:
- Roles on Set – Who does what and when
- Chain of command
- Introduce yourself
- Proper terminology used on set / Lingo
- Only the director says “cut and action”
- Save your comments
- Equipment rules
- Be Ninja Like
- Showing up on Time / Call time is work time
- What to wear on a set etc., etc., etc. etc.
RSVP and more information: http://www.wifmpit.org/event/set-etiquette?instance_id=2886