Fred Rogers Productions is looking for The Post-Production Manager to manage the delivery of the company’s PBS KIDS series, including: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Odd Squad and Donkey Hodie, as well as support delivery and archiving of other series from the company. This position reports to the Chief Creative Officer and is based in Pittsburgh.
Candidates for this position must have a strong background in post-production. Must have experience working with external content creators and possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Post-Production Manager responsibilities will include:
- With oversight from Supervising Producers, manage FRP’s role in the post-production process, including facilitating communication and delivery of material between production partners, vendors and PBS
- With production partners and post studios, establish workflows for all phases of post
- Develop post-production schedule with input from partners and manage internal and overall delivery deadlines
- Be the in-house “expert” on video, audio and delivery specs for all needs: broadcast, international distribution, streaming, etc.
- Manage delivery of episodes to broadcaster
- Prep and submit all paperwork for broadcaster delivery
- Maintain and distribute accurate delivery schedules
- Coordinate underwriting/sponsor credits
- Manage production of program underwriting announcements.
- Work with Development team to confirm proper credits for all funders and secure approvals on scripts and storyboards from funders.
- Work with Producers and production partners to confirm creative treatment (scripts/storyboards), book voice records as needed, and edit spots.
- Supervise packaging of episodes
- As needed and with production partner, coordinate delivery of material to post studio for assembly, including: show open, underwriting credits, interstitials, audio tracks, credit beds.
- Manage audio description (DVI) process
- QA all master elements for final sign-off before delivery
- Coordinate delivery of all material to International Distributor, e.g. international broadcast masters (text and textless, fully assembled), audio stems, transcripts, promotional material, etc. as needed
- Coordinate archiving of masters and raw materials
- Obtain final master files for FRP and archive on our network
- Obtain final production files (raw footage, music, layered images, audio stems, final scripts, promo images, lyrics docs etc.) and archive on our network
- 5+ years’ experience in Post-Production
- Highly detail oriented with a work ethic that is always striving for excellence
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen problem solver with exceptional technical skills
- Familiarity with editing programs a plus (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro)