Fred Rogers Productions is looking for a Production Assistant to support the production team of a new animated television series for children. This position is temporary and is anticipated to be available for a period of five (5) to six (6) months.
This job is a great fit for candidates who want to learn how a television show is created and have a focused interest in creating great content for kids. You will excel in this position if you are organized, thoughtful and a team player.
- Set up meetings and conference calls;
- Coordinate distribution, review and receipt of scripts and production materials;
- Create and maintain tracking documents and spreadsheets;
- Organize and maintain development files;
- Attend meetings and take notes;
- Draft internal memos and external correspondence;
- Gather info and images for and create PowerPoint presentations
- Conduct research on a variety of topics;
- Coordinate travel arrangements; and
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned, e.g. photocopying, filing and sending out packages.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree;
- 1-2 years of administrative experience (including during internships),
- facility with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel,
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills,
- follow-through on assigned tasks, and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 1-2 years production experience (including during internships),
- familiarity with digital editing software, such as MPEG StreamClip and QT Sync, and
familiarity with PowerPoint.
- working knowledge of or fluency in Spanish is a plus.